Smart Home Financing
The web offers ample resources to build your financial skills and guide you through the home financing process. Learn what you need to know about lending and mortgages before you buy.
Preparing for Homeownership
The process of buying a home requires diligent preparation. The following guides can be used as primers for homeownership.
Guide to Buying vs. Renting
The guide contains statistics and studies on home owners and renters as well as financing options and tips.
Top 10 Remodeling Project Paybacks
Plus the top 10 cities where remodeling returns the most dividends. Are you in one of them? Find out in the 2008–2009 Cost vs. Value Report, from REALTOR® magazine and Remodeling.
Style, Stage and Sell!
REALTOR® magazine presents the latest trends in home design so you and your REALTOR® together can make informed decisions to spruce up your home and get it SOLD!
Protect Your Home
Concerned about your existing mortgage? Learn what you can do to protect your home.
Pitfalls Buyers and Sellers Face After Contract-Signing
Your home may be your largest investment, and REALTORS® are experts in protecting your interest.
Here are the 10 key questions to ask at application time to help you find the best overall mortgage loan. If you have already selected a lender and are ready to apply, make sure you have the answers to these questions first.
1. What is the interest rate on this mortgage?
2. How many discount and origination points will I pay?
3. What are the closing costs?
4. When can I lock the interest rate and what will it cost me to do so?
5. Is there a prepayment penalty on this loan?
6. What is the minimum down payment required for this loan?
7. What are the qualifying guidelines for this loan?
8. What documents will I have to provide?
9. How long will it take to process my loan application?
10. What might delay approval of my loan?Once you've narrowed the lender field to a short list of finalists, it's time to compare their offers.